Time for you. Time for your family. Boston Scientific’s Leave of Absence
program provides you with both paid and unpaid time to help meet your needs and the needs
of your family including some enhancements for 2020:
- 14 total weeks paid time off for new moms (6 weeks Maternity leave
paid according to the Short-term Disability program and 8 weeks bonding leave paid at
- 8 weeks bonding leave paid at 100% for adoption
- 8 weeks bonding leave paid at 100% for non-birth employee parents
- 8 weeks bonding leave paid at 100% for employees having a child through
- Short-term Disability – covers you for up to 26 weeks if you become ill or injured.
- Long Term Disability – provides partial income replacement for both non-work and
work-related covered illnesses and injuries after you have been disabled for 180
continuous calendar days.
- Family Leave – provides job and benefit protections if you need to take a leave of
absence for certain family medical or family military situations for up to 12 weeks
If you need to take a leave, communicate with your supervisor, and then initiate your leave
with The Hartford.
If you are currently disabled or become disabled and are in need of a reasonable
accommodation, you should contact your Human Resources Business Partner or Employee
Relations who will assist you with evaluating reasonable accommodations that may enable you
to perform the essential functions of your job.