Your Open Enrollment Resources
With the addition of MyQHealth and the tools and
resources below, you’ll be able to understand your options and make informed health care
decisions. Take a look at what is available to you—and take the time to consider your choices.
Open Enrollment Checklist
Open Enrollment is always a good time to review your benefit options (with your spouse, partner,
or anyone else who helps with health care decisions) and think through your needs for 2020.
This Open Enrollment Checklist provides you with reminders of actions you may want to take to
help you elect the coverage that best fits your life.
Don’t forget! Open Enrollment is October 21 through November 8, 2019
changes effective January 1, 2020. See the checklist.See the checklist.
- Learn all you can about your 2020 benefits. Start
here, and be sure to read all emails sent to you from BenefitsConnect@bsci.com.
- Use MyQHealth. Call a Care Coordinator at 855-649-3857.
Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. through 10 p.m. (Eastern standard time) or visit
website for support with comparing your options and verifying your provider
is in the UMR network.
- Attend a Benefits Fair.
- Attend a live virtual Open Enrollment Overview session.
- Listen to an Open Enrollment Overview Brainshark.
- View all the resources available to you.
- Review your 2019 claims to help you better understand your medical
and prescription drug needs for 2020.
- Keep medical plan costs in perspective. As you weigh your options,
keep in mind that although the UMR Consumer HDHP Plan has higher upfront costs than
the Base Plan, in the form of a higher deductible, it also has a lower premium and
a lower out-of-pocket maximum. In fact, if you reach your out-of-pocket maximum for
the year, you could end up paying less than your colleagues in the UMR Base Plan
(PPO) or Kaiser Core Plan (HMO) who reach their out-of-pocket maximum (assuming the
same level of coverage).
- Enroll by November 8. Learn
- Print a copy of your Open Enrollment confirmation page which
outlines any changes you made for 2020.
- Call the HR Service Center at 1-800-570-4455 if you need help
enrolling. Representatives are available Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Verify that your elections are accurate when you receive your
benefits statement in December and notify the HR Service Center by December 31,
2019 if there are any discrepancies. Don’t forget to verify that deductions within
your first paycheck in 2020 are accurate.